21 Station Road, Bunroy
The origins and pre-1921 history of this house are here 17, 19, 21 & 23 Station Road
The Story from 1921
Owned by the Wimpole Estate from 1859, Walter Charter of 38 Cherryhinton Road, Cambridge acquired this plot and all four cottages at the 1911 Wimpole Estate dispersal sale. On 7 September 1921 Walter sold No 21 & No 23 to George Potton, who lived on The Green. George died 23 January 1922 and ownership passed to his widow Mary Ann, who died 8 January 1964, when ownership passed to their only child Charles George Potton.
Charles George sold No 21 on 28 January 1965 to John Fraser and Agnes Fraser and the introduction of the house name Bunroy, which is a Scottish place name, appears to date from the Frasers acquisition of the property. Only a relatively small portion of the rear garden was included with the sale and the major part was absorbed into the garden of No 23.
A feature of this property is that it has been let out by various owners over the years. More details are given below.
|1922-1964||Mary Ann Potton||Widow|
|1964-1965||Charles George Potton||Son|
|1965-1966||John Fraser & Agnes Fraser|
|1968-1969||Peter H Alton|
|1970||Peter H Alton & Ann S Alton|
|1970-1973||Margaret Watts Beadle & Diane C Beadle|
|1973-1975||Margaret Watts Beadle|
|1975-1996||E W Pepper Ltd|
|Pre 1921-1934||David Watts|
|1934-1947||Arthur Edward Chandler|
|1965-1975||Owners as table above|
|1975-1976||David W Desborough & Norma R Desborough|
|1977-1990||Irene A Tookey|
|1993-1996||Sean P Redrup & Sharon E Redrup|
|1996-1999||Owner as table above|
|1999-2002||Nigel T Bradley & Catherine L Somers Bradley|
Click on any image below to view. Click again to enlarge. Drag to view entire image.
Photographs, Census & Maps
Last Updated on November 11, 2023