A Cottage that is no more in Brook End
On this site stood a cottage, to the left or just to the north of The Old Farmhouse. The field opposite and a small field on the corner of Bogs Gap, now known as The Pightle and home to the Scouts and Guides etc. were in the same ownership. Cottage and land were all part of the Wescomb estate, which was sold and dispersed 18 July 1855. An extract from the Sale Particulars will be found below and the cottage etc were Lot 5 and also marked on the map.
Earlier maps Enclosure 1817 and Tithe 1839 show the same holding. The cottage was built 1750/60 and is mentioned in a Shingay Manor Rental. More Details
Photographs and Sale Particulars
Last Updated on September 17, 2021