These are the actual enumerators’ schedules, completed after they had walked the parish recording all those in Steeple Morden on the night of 5 April 1891.
The parish was split into two parts, with an enumerator for each.
The first Boundary: being that part bounded on the North by the High Road leading from Litlington to Steeple Morden Church, on the East by the Parish of Litlington, on the South by the High Road leading from Royston to Baldock & on the West by the Parish of Guilden Morden. Contents: comprising all the Houses & Cottages lying South of the Road leading from Royston to Steeple Morden Church, commencing at Knotts Bridge, Cottages on The Green, Wilkersons Farm House & all Houses on South side of Cheyney Street, all House & Cottages on both sides of Station Road, Mill & Cottages, Gatley End Farm & Cottages, Mils & Cottages on Ashwell Road, Bell Baulk, Cheyney Lodge & the Railway Station & Cottages, Morden Heath Farm & Cottages & Thrift Farm & Horse & Groom Public House.
The second Boundary: being that part bounded on the West or South-West by the Parish of Guilden Morden, on the North-East and East by the Parish’s of Shingay, Abington and Litlington and on the South by the High road leading from Litlington to Steeple Morden Church. Contents: comprising all the Houses and Cottages on the North side of Cheyney Street, the Vicarage, Brook End Farm and Cottages, Bogs Gap, all the Houses on both sides of Hay Street the School inclusive, all the House and Cottages in North Brook End and Flex Lane.
Click on image to view. Click again to enlarge. Drag to view entire image.
Last Updated on December 3, 2020