2 Station Road
A bungalow that stands on part of an ancient enclosure, which was owned by the Wimpole Estate. In the later 19th Century and 20th Century this land was let as garden land often in association with the five Town Houses on the opposite side of the road; today three cottages and Nos 5, 7 & 9 Station Road.
The ancient enclosure is shown on the Enclosure and Tithe Maps below and is the plot, just south of the Church, number 22.
The land was later acquired by David Hitch, who sold it as four separate building plots in 1978. This plot was acquired by Peter and Patricia Bigley, who had the bungalow built.
PAGE IN PREPARATION
The owners, occupiers, descriptions and extents of plots as numbered on the Tithe Map 1839 below
|22||Earl of Hardwicke||John Willshire||Garden & grove||1a 0r 17p|
|23||St John’s College||John Morris||Cottage & garden||0a 1r 4p|
|24||Earl of Hardwicke||Henry Theobalds||Allotment arable||2a 1r 30p|
|25||Thomas Goodchild||Various||Gardens arable||1a 2r 21p|
|26||Elizabeth Barker||James Izzard||Beerhouse etc||0a 1r 29p|
|27||Elizabeth Barker||William Jarman||Cottage & garden||0a 2r 18p|
|28||Elizabeth Barker||William Tolt [Tott]||Cottage & garden||0a 2r 20p|
|29||Earl of Hardwicke||Bennet Charter||Allotment arable||3a 0r 16p|
|30||John Holben Strickland||Himself||Close arable||1a 2r 32p|
|31||Elizabeth Barker||Herself||Arable||1a 2r 36p|
|32||Thomas Goodchild||James Goodchild||Mill Piece arable||1a 1r 0p|
|33||Elizabeth Barker||Herself||Mill House & gdn||0a 2r 4p|
Last Updated on August 22, 2020