Flecks Lane Farm
Also known as Jesus College Farm. Jesus College owned a farm of about 165 acres in the north of the parish, which had two farm houses, one here at Flecks Lane and the other at North Brook End. They sold the estate in its entirety in 1920. It was bought by F W P Hunt, who sold this house and some land to the Williams family, who ran a small haulage business based here. It was bought by Brian and Jennifer Bell about 1980 and sympathetically restored and converted into a private house.
PAGE IN PREPARATION
Listing details: Grade II since 4 September 1986
House formerly a farmhouse. Late C17 or early C18, C20 renovation. Timber-framed and plastered, C20 red brick plinth; plain tiled roof with C20 rebuilt ridge stack to right hand and gault brick end stack to left hand. Two storeys, L-plan. Entrance in rear wing. Five ground floor and five first floor horizontal sliding sash windows of various sizes. Interior: Exposed timber-frame and floor frames.
Click on any image below to view. Click again to enlarge. Drag to view entire image.
Last Updated on August 1, 2023